Michael C. Judson | President and Chief Executive Officer
Michael C. Judson has over twenty years of experience forming, financing and operating private and public companies. He has raised approximately $185 million for natural resource exploration and production projects through two public company vehicles.
Mr. Judson graduated from Concordia University in 1986 with a Bachelor of Arts (Communication Studies). He graduated from the Institute of Corporate Directors (ICD) and the Desautels Faculty of Management, McGill University Directors Education Program in 2007 and became an Institute-certified Director (ICD.D) in 2011.
In 1987 Mr. Judson formed Judson Woods, a corporate development consultancy, and was its managing director until 2002. He founded Forest Gate Resources in 1998 and took it public through an Initial Public Offering in 2003.
Between 2003 and 2005, Mr. Judson grew the market capitalization of Forest Gate from $1.5 million to $50 million. With Forest Gate he has raised approximately $35 million and exposed shareholders to high-impact natural resource exploration and production projects in Canada, the United States and Ireland.
In 2004 Forest Gate formed a wholly-owned subsidiary called Blue Note Mining. Forest Gate spun out Blue Note as a separate, publicly-traded company in 2005. Forest Gate used Blue Note to acquire, finance and operate the Caribou lead-zinc mine located in Bathurst, New Brunswick.
As chief executive officer of Blue Note, Mr. Judson raised approximately $150 million and successfully executed a work-over of a highly challenging lead-zinc mining operation. Between 2004 and 2008 Mr. Judson grew Blue Note’s market capitalization from $2 million to $250 million. Mr. Judson resigned as chief executive and director of Blue Note in 2010.
Since its inception, Michael Judson has used Forest Gate as a vehicle for capitalizing on opportunities. The company’s original diamond properties which helped grow the company to $50 million were purchased for $50,000. Mr. Judson purchased the Caribou Mine effectively for nothing and increased its value to $250 million. Forest Gate’s acquisitions in oil exploration and production were also made on extremely advantageous terms to shareholders.
Forest Gate’s iron property acquisitions are an example of Mr. Judson’s ability to see value where others cannot and to exploit exceptional opportunities. The pursuit of assets in different commodity classes has always been driven by their intrinsic quality and attractive acquisition terms.
Edward Procyshyn | Manager, Mineral Exploration
- Worked in Abitibi region of Quebec since 1997.
- Formerly Professor of Geology at Concordia University: Field Mapping, Petrology, Structural Geology, Tectonics and Economic Geology.
- Formed Le Groupe GeoInfo in 1995, a mineral exploration consulting company.
- Registered member of the Ordre des Géologues du Québec, a fellow of the Geological Association of Canada and the Society of Economic Geologists, and a member of the Geological Society of America and the American Association of Petroleum Geologists.
- Involved in structural mapping and conducted metallogenetic and exploration studies in Nunavut, British Columbia, Abitibi region of Quebec and the Appalachian region of Gaspé and New Brunswick.
- Involved in the study and evaluation of gold, gold-polymetallic and molybdenum deposits in Armenia, skarn gold deposits in northern Spain, and placer diamond deposits in Russia. Additionally involved in evaluating gold deposits in various parts of Kyrgyzstan and Siberian Russia.
Scott St. John | Manager, Oil & Gas Operations-Calgary:
Involved at senior management levels since 1986 with:
- Keatten Resources Ltd. Sold to Carmanah Res. in 1994.
- Key West Oil & Gas Ltd. (major transaction for Mesquite Exploration Ltd.)
- Mesquite Exploration Ltd. (1996 - 2002). 2000 Boepd exit production.
- Expedition Energy Inc. (2003 - 2007). 450 Boepd exit production.
- Former President at Spade Resources: 2009 - 2011.
- 1993 – Present: Manna Operations Ltd.: Owner, Operations Consulting & Contract Operating/Management Consulting
- 2009 – 2010: Trafina Energy Ltd.: Operations Consulting.
- 2008 – Present: Varenna Energy Ltd.: Operations Consulting.
Nancy Guitard | Chief Financial Officer
- Nancy Guitard has been handling Forest Gate’s accounting since 2004. She has also worked in the accounting department of Blue Note Mining, a former subsidiary of the company.
- Ms. Guitard is also founder of Ledgers Solutions Inc., Montreal, an accounting consultancy and Finger Communications, a printing brokerage.